International Boundary and Water Commission (IBWC)
– coordinate on matters related to a resource or group of resources
– provide education or outreach
– advisory committee
Project Dates: 1944-
The International Boundary and Water Commission (IBWC), is a supra-legal body established to manage shared water resources established as a consequence of the 1944 US-Mexico Water Treaty.
vision/strategic plan: “Through binational partnerships with Mexico, preserve the international boundary and improve the quality, conservation, and utilization of transboundary water resources in the border region” 
mission: “Provide binational solutions to issues that arise during the application of United States – Mexico treaties regarding boundary demarcation, national ownership of waters, sanitation, water quality, and flood control in the border region” 
- ^ Product of the Transboundary Freshwater Dispute Database, Department of Geosciences, Oregon State University. Additional information about the TFDD can be found at: http://www.transboundarywaters.orst.edu/research/case_studies/US_Mexico_Aquifer_New.htm
- ^ 2.0 2.1 "Transboundary Aquuifers and Binantional Ground Water Database For the City of El Paso / Ciudad Juarez Area ." Binational Publication 1998 . n.pag. International Boundary and water Commission . Web. 30 Jul 2013. http://www.ibwc.state.gov/Water_Data/binational_waters.htm
- Transboundary Freshwater Dispute Database (TFDD) (2012). Oregon State University. U.S./Mexico Shared Aquifers — The Transboundary Freshwater Dispute Database (TFDD) This website is used to aid in the assessment of the process of water conflict prevention and resolution. Over the years we have developed this Transboundary Freshwater Dispute Database, a project of the Oregon State University Department of Geosciences, in collaboration with the Northwest Alliance for Computational Science and Engineering.
Case Studies Related to International Boundary and Water Commission (IBWC)
|Projects and Initiatives||Agreements and Treaties|
|Purpose||coordinate on matters related to a resource or group of resources +, provide education or outreach + and advisory committee +|