Power and Politics
From AquaPedia Case Study Database
This is a Key Question Category and contains key questions related to the role of influence, leadership, and power in finding solutions to water management problems
Key Questions in this category include:
- How can government be dis/incentivized to offer an inclusive planning process?
- How do national policies influence water use at the local level?
- How does asymmetry of power influence water negotiations and how can the negative effects be mitigated?
- To what extent can international actors and movements from civil society influence water management? How and when is this beneficial/detrimental and how can these effects be supported/mitigated?
- What effective mechanisms can downstream riparians use to protect their water related interests/rights?
- What role can agricultural subsidies play in finding solutions to complex water management problems?